Last Modified: 04.01.19
IASLC is a research and advocacy organization dedicated to the study of lung cancer. IASLC provides access on its Sites to numerous resources, including but not limited to, public forums, educational resources and various other online and communication tools, including the ability of Users to share and view stories of lung cancer survivors as part of IASLC’s participation in the Lung Cancer Awareness Month (“LCAM”) Coalition (collectively, the “Service”).
Accessing our Sites and Account Security
IASLC reserves the right to withdraw or amend the Sites, our Service, and any other service or material IASLC provides on our Sites, in its sole discretion without notice. IASLC will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of a Site is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, IASLC may restrict access to some parts of a Site, or an entire Site, to Users, including registered Users.
Those Users who register on our Sites are responsible for the security and confidentiality of their user name, password, or other related security information. You acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to a Site or portions of it using your user name, password, or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your user name or password or any other breach of security.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Sites and their contents, features, and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video, and audio, and the design, selection, and arrangement thereof) are owned by IASLC, its licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials. You may also print or download one copy of a reasonable number of pages of a Site for personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication, or distribution. If IASLC provides desktop, mobile, or other applications for download, you may also download a single copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you agree to be bound by our end user license agreement for such applications. If IASLC provides social media features with certain content, you may take such actions as are enabled by such features.
You further agree that you will not modify copies of any materials from a Site, or delete or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from the Sites. You also agree that you will not access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the Sites or the Service, or any other services or materials available through the Sites.
The IASLC and LCAM name, logo and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans are trademarks of IASLC or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of IASLC. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans on our Sites are the trademarks of their respective owners.
- in any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation;
- for the purpose of exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information, or otherwise;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material without IASLC’s prior written consent, including any “junk mail”, “chain letter”, “spam”, or any other similar solicitation;
- to impersonate or attempt to impersonate IASLC, an IASLC employee, another user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using email addresses associated with any of the foregoing); or
- to engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Sites, or which, as determined by IASLC, may harm IASLC or Users of the Sites or expose them to liability.
You further agree that you will not:
- use the Sites in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Sites or interfere with any other party’s use of the Sites, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Sites;
- use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means to access the Sites for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Sites;
- use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Sites or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent;
- use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Sites;
- introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any parts of the Sites, the server on which the Sites RE stored, or any server, computer, or database connected to the Sites;
- attack the Sites via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack; or
- otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Sites.
The Sites may contain message boards, forums, and other interactive features (collectively, “Interactive Services”) that allow Users to post, submit, publish, display, or transmit to other Users or other persons (hereinafter, “post”) content or materials, including lung cancer survivor stories (collectively, “User Contributions”) on or through the Sites.
Please note that any User Contribution you post to the Sites will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By providing any User Contribution on the Sites, you grant IASLC and its affiliates, and each of their licensees, successors, and assigns, the right to use, reproduce, modify, perform, display, distribute, and otherwise disclose to third parties any such material.
IASLC is not responsible or liable to any third party for the content or accuracy of any User Contributions posted by you or any other User of the Sites.
Monitoring and Enforcement; Termination
IASLC reserves the right to:
- remove or refuse to post any User Contributions for any or no reason in its sole discretion;
- disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy;
- take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Sites; and
Without limiting the foregoing, IASLC has the right to cooperate fully with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Sites. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS IASLC AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES, AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING, OR TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF, INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
However, IASLC cannot review all material before it is posted on the Sites, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, IASLC assumes no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications, or content provided by any User or third party. IASLC has no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section.
These content standards apply to all User Contributions and the Interactive Services. User Contributions must comply with all applicable federal, state, local, and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, User Contributions must not:
- contain any material that is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory, or otherwise objectionable;
- promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age;
- infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote, or assist any unlawful act;
- cause annoyance, inconvenience, or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm, or annoy any other person;
- impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization;
- involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes, and other sales promotions, barter, or advertising; or
- give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by IASLC or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
IASLC takes claims of copyright infringement seriously and will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law. If you believe any materials accessible on or from the Sites infringe your copyright, you may request removal of those materials (or access to them) from the Sites by submitting written notification to IASLC’s copyright agent designated below. In accordance with the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512) (“DMCA”), the written notice (the “DMCA Notice”) must include substantially the following:
- your physical or electronic signature;
- identification of the copyrighted work you believe to have been infringed or, if the claim involves multiple works on the Sites, a representative list of such works;
- identification of the material you believe to be infringing in a sufficiently precise manner to allow IASLC to locate that material;
- adequate information by which IASLC can contact you (including your name, postal address, telephone number, and, if available, email address);
- a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement that the information in the written notice is accurate; and
- a statement, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
IASLC’s designated copyright agent to receive DMCA Notices is:
IASLC Copyright Agent
International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer
13100 E Colfax Ave Unit 10, Aurora, CO 80011
If you fail to comply with all of the requirements of Section 512(c)(3) of the DMCA, your DMCA Notice may not be effective.
Please be aware that if you knowingly materially misrepresent that material or activity on the Sites is infringing your copyright, you may be held liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) under Section 512(f) of the DMCA.
Reliance on Information Posted
The information presented on or through the Sites is made available solely for general information purposes. IASLC does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. IASLC disclaims all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Sites, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
Our Sites may include content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other Users. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by IASLC, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of IASLC. IASLC is not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
Changes to the Sites
IASLC may update the content on our Sites from time to time, but its content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material on the Sites may be out of date at any given time, and IASLC is under no obligation to update such material.
Linking to the Sites and Social Media Features
You may link to IASLC’s homepage, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage IASLC’s reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval, or endorsement on our part without IASLC’s express written consent.
Our Sites may provide certain social media features that enable you to link from your own or certain third-party websites to certain content on our Sites, send emails or other communications with certain content, or links to certain content, on our Sites, and/or cause limited portions of content on our Sites to be displayed or appear to be displayed on your own or certain third-party websites.
You agree to cooperate with IASLC in causing any unauthorized framing or linking immediately to stop. IASLC reserves the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. IASLC may also disable all or any social media features and any links at any time without notice in its discretion.
Links from our Sites
If the Sites contain links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. This includes links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. IASLC has no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to our Sites, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand that IASLC cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the Sites will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, IASLC WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE SITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITES OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON THEM, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO THEM.
YOUR USE OF OUR SITES, THEIR CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THEM IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SITES, THEIR CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THEM ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER IASLC NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH IASLC MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE SITES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER IASLC NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH IASLC REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE SITES, THEIR CONTENT, OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THEM WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE, OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITES OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES THEM AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT THE SITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THEM WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, IASLC HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL IASLC, ITS AFFILIATES, OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITES, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO THEM, ANY CONTENT ON THE SITES OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE. THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
IASLC is based in the state of Colorado in the United States. IASLC makes no claims that the Sites or any of content therein are accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the Sites may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Sites from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Waiver and Severability
Questions, Comments and Concerns
Please direct feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications relating to the Sites to LCAM@iaslc.org.